Thursday, September 23, 2010

Can traumatic stress within precipitate go be identified through a PET scan?

Something i was told by someone. Just wondering how much of it is true? capably I checked out PTSD ,PET scan and what came up be a lot of clinical trial results,,, and for me ,since surrounded by the aftermath of a home invasion when i was give or take a few 3 , I have a lifetime of effects : hyperactive startle response, nature of involuntary panic at times that cause me social difficulties.and I'm no kid anymore, so I'm not surprised with findings of different brain reaction of PTSD pt's and non PTSD sufferers. Good Question and I am still looking over my search results although they are systematic I'm familiar beside that terminology so it's ok for me. hope you enter that info and find what you inevitability.
PET scans work by picking up emission from radioactive isotopes usually injected into the blood stream. The emissions will usually rally in areas of lofty activity, so it can show areas which enjoy been shabby. ie. being low diversion when they should be the opposite.
This funds that a PET could pick up signs of physical trauma from early duration, as that is when the organs are still developing and are most susceptable to disrupt.
No, PET (positron emission tomography) cannot as however detect any emotional trauma, rash or late. Although work is human being done in this nouns and scientists have successfully visualize areas of brain involved in seizure (grand mal type) which was never set or seen formerly with the relieve of PET. Basically it takes control of short lived isotopes to see the metabolic activity of the brain (or heart or any other organ for that matter), experimental work is plentiful in this spellbinding imaging modality but as yet psychological trauma unless associated near organic twist is not delineated by PET.
it's a distinct possibilities

No comments:

Post a Comment