Thursday, September 23, 2010

Can switching between two different of benzodiazepines comfort me avoid addiction?

Namely between clonazepam and terazepam say 1 week and 1 week.
I am treated by benzodiazepine from chronic neuropathic cramp (burning pain and numbness surrounded by trigeminal region) that is resistant to common pain medication (Neurontin and tegretol for example).
I think the source of the pain and numbness is multiple sclerosis attack.
Thanks for relieve Hello - I'm not a doctor but have taken benzodiazepenes for tons years for Panic Disorder, and have done a rational amount of reading about this class of medication. The simple answer is no, switching between the two will not lessen the medical dependency you will develop on this medication. I say "dependency" instead of "addiction" because I believe their is a terribly distinct difference. You are taking the medication for a legitimate purpose, and hopefully not escalating your dosage in need prior consent from your doctor. I think self dependent on this medication is a fair trade-off for the nouns it brings. I have read that if you do ever want to attempt to jump off of it, you must do it extremely slowly near very gradual dose reduction, hopefully supervised by a doctor. It is said to be easier to taper off of longer acting benzos (such as clonazepam) than the ones of shorter duration, such as Xanax.
No. Just follow your doctor's directions. I've taken clonazepam since 1991. No problems. But don't use against the law drugs. I wish you correct luck with your ailment.
  • GY6 scooter parts
  • myspace images
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment